Sunday, June 28, 2009

RaceBuddy???


Check your oil, chickadee?

Move over Digger, it's TNT's six weeks of NASCAR coverage and the golden gopher was supposed to fade into oblivion with his trusty sidekick D.W. who disappears from sight after the last Fox broadcast of the season. Well, this year, Digger's alive and well with commercials showing up all over the Fox media empire trying to soak a few more dollars selling "Digger gear."

TNT was not to be outdone in the animated universe. Once again, this year, we are reintroduced to RaceBuddy, the ornery image of a race fan.

I don't know about you, but this guy gives me the CREEPS. He doesn't look like the good ol' boy race fans I know. He reminds me of the guy at a crooked gas station off the Interstate who offers to check your fluids and then tries to sell you a new alternator.

Creepy, creepy, creepy, and this is a guy to market to us NASCAR fans. HELP!!!!

I will admit the RaceBuddy feature that allows multiple camera views during the race is really cool. I can't wait to hook my laptop up to my HDTV and see what I can do.

In the meantime, if you pull into your local auto service joint and see this fellow, RUN!!!

ESPN starts the end of next month, who needs animated figures when they have real life cartoon characters like Chris Berman, the Round the Horn and PTI gang, and Stuart Scott?

No comments: